PREP TIME: 10-15 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 15-20 MINUTES SERVES 4-6
- 1½ Cups Pitted Dates, Chopped
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 60g Caldermeade Salted Butter, Chopped
- 1½ Cups Self-Raising Flour, Sifted
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
- 2 Eggs
Butterscotch Sauce Ingredients
- 90g Caldermeade Salted Butter
- 140g Brown Sugar
- 2 tbs Golden Syrup
- ¾ Cup Caldermeade Jersey Pure Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180° or 160° fan forced.
- Grease and line cake tin.
- Place dates and 1 cup of water into saucepan. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir in Bicarb, followed by Caldermeade Salted Butter, stirring until dissolved.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the sugar and stir.
- Make a well in the center, add the date mixture and eggs. Stir until combined.
- Place into your prepared cake tin and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into center.
- Place all ingredients for the Butterscotch Sauce into a saucepan, stirring over low heat for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer – stirring occasionally for around 2 minutes.
- Serve the Sticky Date Pudding with the Butterscotch Sauce poured over the top or as a side.
- Don’t forget a big scoop of Caldermeade Jersey Vanilla Icecream.